Saturday, January 12, 2013

Handmade Mother's Day Card Instructions


This card is a beautiful Mother’s Day card that I made at my card making class, it’s very easy and didn't take long at all. 
Recently my Stampin' Up! demonstrator started including instructions with each card, vs. just telling us verbally like she used to. 
The basic instructions are written below in the picture, and I’ll be going into a little more detail. 
Please note that all the supplies are Stampin' Up! products. 


Here are the supplies used:
As you see I first stamped the rubber stamp (sold as “Elizabeth” in the 2011/2012 Stampin’ Up! idea book). The color ink used is “Elegant Eggplant”.  However there is no rule…use any rubber stamp design, or color, you like!
AFTER stamping the card, run the card stock through the Big Shot machine (sorry I have no picture of the big shot machine). We used what is called the “Elegant Bouquet” embossing folder design.
The picture below is the card stock completed with both the rubber stamp and the embossed design, if you look closely, you’ll see a raised floral pattern.
A tip I learned at this class, is to stamp FIRST then use the Big Shot SECOND. I’m not sure how it would look if I reversed those steps though, I’m assuming not as nice, which is why Jackie taught that tip….
Next I rubber stamped the “happy mother’s day” stamp on card stock…
…and then as a second step, punch it out using the Large Oval tool. It’s suggested to do in that order due to more accuracy with centering it. It’s very hard to punch first, and then try to aim the rubber stamp just right in the center of the oval cut out.
Next, I used the Scalloped Oval punch to cut out the back piece that goes under the white oval punch. In the picture below you’ll see I applied on each side of the scallop oval, some Stampin' Dimensional's (made of foam with adhesive on them).
I then assembled my card according to the layers modeled in the original card. The adhesive is in the blue tool above.
This is my final product…inside and out!

No comments:

Post a Comment