Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Easy Veggie and Cheese Pie

I originally set out to make an Easy Chicken 'n Broccoli Pie by Betty Crocker.

Then I realized I forgot to buy an onion and the cheddar cheese, bought green beans vs. broccoli accidentally, and the chicken that was purchased seemed like it had gone bad.

I still had my heart set on making the recipe, so using ingredients I already had, I unintentionally ended up creating MY OWN version of a "pie" entirely....and surprisingly LOVED the results.

Here is my version, I hope you enjoy!

INGREDIENTS:

Cooking Spray
1 Cup French Style Green Beans (thawed, if originally frozen)
1 Cup Kraft Crumbles Three Cheese (Montery Jack, Colby, Cheddar)
2 Tablespoons Freeze Dried Onion
2 Eggs
1 Cup Milk
1/2 Cup Bisquick
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Pepper

EQUIPMENT:

Pie Plate
1 Cup Measuring Cup
1/2 Cup Measuring Cup
Tablespoon Measuring Spoon
1/2 Teaspoon Measuring Spoon
1/4 Teaspoon Measuring Spoon
Whisk
Bowl
Spatula

DIRECTIONS:

Pre-heat oven to 400 Degrees Fahrenheit. Spray pie plate with cooking spray. Place the green beans, cheese, and onion on the pie plate. In a bowl mix the eggs, milk, Bisquick, salt, and pepper with a whisk and pour into the pie plate, and stir everything so it's blended around evenly in the pie plate.
Bake for 35 minutes or until a knife comes out clean if inserted in the center. Allow it to cool before removing from pie plate with a spatula.








No comments:

Post a Comment